5 Ways To Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day With Your Online Girlfriend
St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect excuse to have some fun and celebrate. There are plenty of ways to make St. Patrick’s Day entertaining and fun for you and your online girlfriend. From romantic virtual dates to creative surprises, we put together 5 ways to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day with your online girlfriend. Spend this year making it memorable for you and your long-distance love!
Have a Virtual Parade
What’s more fun than a parade? A virtual parade, of course! You and your online girlfriend can put on your best green attire and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day together by marching in a make-believe parade. Make sure to add some Irish music to get you both in the spirit!
Make Some Irish-Inspired Dishes
When you’re in a long-distance relationship, it can be hard to find ways to connect on special occasions. But with a little creativity, you can make any day feel like a special occasion. This St. Patrick’s Day, make some Irish- inspired dishes. Whether you want to cook a traditional meal or just whip up some green-themed snacks, spending time in the kitchen is a great way to bond.
Here are some examples of recipes you and your girlfriend can prepare!
- Corned Beef
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Irish Soda Bread
- Irish Stew
- Shamrock Decorated Cookies
- Green Jello-Shots
If cooking is too big of a task for you and your girlfriend to commit to, consider having a virtual happy hour where you both enjoy a famous traditional Irish drink, Guinness! Either decision will allow you and your girlfriend the perfect opportunity to bond and even show off some of your cooking skills.
Watch an Irish Movie Together
If you and your online girlfriend are both fans of movies, then why not spend St. Patrick’s Day watching an Irish movie together? There are plenty of great Irish movies out there to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that you both enjoy. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. The Commitments: This classic film tells the story of a group of working-class friends who form a soul band in Dublin. It’s funny, heartwarming and full of great music.
2. Once: This beautiful film follows the unlikely romance between a street musician and an aspiring singer in Dublin. It’s full of great music and will leave you feeling all the feels.
3. Calvary: This dark comedy/drama stars Brendan Gleeson as a good-hearted priest who is threatened with death by one of his parishioners. It’s thought-provoking and will leave you questioning your own faith.
4. Brooklyn: This moving drama tells the story of an Irish immigrant who moves to New York City in the 1950s in search of a better life. It’s gorgeously shot and will stay with you long after the credits roll.
5. The Wind That Shakes the Barley: This powerful historical drama tells the story of two brothers who join the Irish Republican Army during the country’s struggle for independence from Britain. It’s brutal but incredibly moving and important.
Play Some Irish-Themed Games
If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your online girlfriend, why not try playing some Irish-themed games together? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Try your hand at an online Gaelic football game. If you’re not familiar with the sport, it’s basically a cross between soccer and rugby.
2. Take turns trying to find hidden shamrocks in each other’s virtual gardens.
3. See who can collect the luckiest clovers by participating in online scavenger hunts.
4. Have a friendly competition to see who can correctly answer the most Irish trivia questions.
5. Challenge each other to make traditional Irish dishes using only ingredients that can be found in your virtual kitchens.
Whichever games you decide to play, remember to have fun and enjoy spending time with your special someone on this special day!
Learn How to Irish Jig
In order to Irish jig, you will need some basic supplies. You will need a hardwood floor, soft shoes, and music with a good beat.
If you don’t know how to Irish jig, there are plenty of instructional videos online. Once you have the basic steps down, you can add your own flair to the dance. Be sure to practice in front of a mirror so you can see how you look and make any necessary adjustments.
Irish jigging is a great way to get some exercise and have fun at the same time. It’s also a great way to impress your online girlfriend. She’ll be impressed by your skills and by your commitment to learning something new just for her.
It is always a great opportunity to show your special someone how much you appreciate them, no matter the distance. Remember to use these 5 ways to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day with your online girlfriend! Whether it’s making a traditional Irish meal, learning how to Irish Jig, or making fun St. Patrick’s Day decorations, there are plenty of ways for the two of you to enjoy this exciting holiday together. Have fun, and make sure to wear something green!